Lava Hound Balloon Deck Arena 9+
Hi Lava Hound Balloon Deck Arena 9+ everybody, it’s Riddle and I’m back with another Lava Hound Balloon Deck Arena 9+ for grand challenge. Instead of playing my dirty defensive mortar/xbow decks I decided to go for something different because siege isn’t working very well in this meta.
This deck is not mine, it was suggested by a clanmate who copied it from the global leaderboards, it’s a fairly popular deck and shows up on TV royale quite often.
- I prefer to use Lavaloon instead of other tanky decks because LH is my favorite tank to play and it’s also easier to win with in this meta.
- This deck is very easy to use since it’s a beatdown deck, and it’s slightly OP not so much because of the hound but for two other reasons – First, people don’t run enough air defense and second, megaminion as always gives a huge boost to LH decks.
- During this challenge I played a total of 13 matches, having lost one to a mirror lavaloon deck. Most of my opponents were 4500+ trophies and my biggest achievement was beating a player from Arab Outlaws with a PB over 5000 trophies.
- The deck that gave me the most trouble was giant + elite barbarians + elixir collector, which luckily I only faced one and managed to win.
I strongly suggest trying this Lava Hound Balloon Deck out – It’s fun to play, easy to use and one of your best bets to get a high number of wins on challenge mode, whether it’s classic or grand
Lava Hound Balloon Deck Card Role:
- Lavahound – This card is obviously your winning condition. Play him in the furthest corner to the right or left so that you can build a bigger push.
After playing more games with this deck, I’ve gotten comfortable with playing LH in the beginning.
Generally I wait until my opponent makes a move. If it’s something like archers or megaminion behind the tower, or a building in the middle (like furnace or tombstone) I play LH and start a push.
I play my LH in the same lane my opponent has played troops to prevent dual lane pressure and so that my balloon can kill troops with death damage even if it doesn’t make it to the tower
- Balloon – This card is your primary damage dealer. Just play it behind your lavahound.
Alternatively, you can do mini pushes like balloon + megaminion/minions to pressure the opposite lane, just be careful.
I like to place my balloon in the furthest square to the left or right so that it can potentially bypass buildings.
Even if the balloon doesn’t get a shot, with the new death damage not only do you damage/kill troops but you also chip the tower
- Megaminion – A staple card in many competitive decks and the main reason why LH decks are so strong right now.
There’s not much to explain. You can play him in a variety of defensive situations, as well as on offense to support your LH + balloon combo.
He can take out minions, archers and musketeer (if she is targeting the LH or balloon), tombstones in the middle, etc.
On defense, he does well against any mid and low HP units except swarms like skarmy. He also does well against giant and mirror LH decks if you distract the support.
- Minions – Add another air troop to make your opponent go mad. One of the original versions used musketeer.
I honestly think minions are better. Use them in a similar fashion to MM and support your push and defend against mid or low HP troops. They do particularly well against skarmy and elite barbs as long as they are distracted.
- Skarmy – Played mostly for defensive purposes, useful against elite barbarians and can be used against all sorts of decks.
Sometimes your opponent will zap your tombstone or pups so you can use skarmy on defense to take out a giant or defend against GY.
With skarmy and minions, you got two counters vs GY so there’s no reason to lose unless your opponent outplays you
- Tombstone – Standard defensive/offensive structure for LH decks. It’s good to distract hogs and pull giants/golems but the skeletons also provide a nice distraction on offense
It’s also good against elite barbs and if your opponent zaps the skeletons you can send in skarmy
- Zap – Popular spell, used over other spells because it can hit minions and minion horde which can be annoying against your LH + balloon combo.
It can also finish musketeers and megaminions with little HP and deal with a variety of threats like goblin barrel or skarmy
- Fireball – Primary reason to use this card is minion horde. You need a direct counter to it.
You can counter minion horde with megaminion + zap etc but if you really want your balloon to get one shot you will need fireball.
It’s also a good card with poison being less popular and useful against all sorts of decks, can weaken towers, take out princesses, damage furnaces, take out tombstones, crucial vs 3 Musketeers, etc.
Lava Hound Balloon Deck Final notes:
Overall I’d classify this deck as air beatdown since it has a lot of air troops and you can easily put your opponent in trouble with that.
The biggest counters are giant + elite barbs deck since both need an immediate response and they can cause dual lane pressure easily
In theory, the worst card to face would be inferno tower but since it’s not meta, this deck can roam free and give players easy wins and a fun time.
This Lava Hound Balloon Deck does specially well against the new popular Golem + Elite barbs + Pump deck which I even used on double elixir challenge since your opponent will have trouble dealing with balloon most of the time.
Overall a solid Lava Hound Balloon Deck and I recommend anyone interested in tanky decks to play this.
Check Out Here:
- Clash Royale 2.6 Hog Cycle Deck | 2.6 Hog Ice Golem Deck 2019
- Clash Royale Royal Giant Bowler Deck 2019 | Royale Giant Ewiz Deck
- Clash Royale Pekka Bridge Spam Deck 2019 | Pekka Battle Ram Deck
Thanks for reading this Lava Hound Balloon Deck Guide All comments, questions, and criticism is welcome.