Hi guys, Today we will show you Dread Hunger Guide 2022, In this Dread Hunger Guide, We will talk about Dread Hunger Cooking and Dread Hunger Crafting Tips. It’s a survival and betrayal game. Eight explorers navigate their ship through the harsh Arctic conditions. Two traitors within the crew enlist the help of dark forces to bring them down.
So come and take a look at this Dread Hunger Guide 2022 – Walkthrough and Tips
Dread Hunger Guide 2022
Dread Hunger Guide Warmth
- Stoves and wood burners can be found in the main ship or at different locations throughout the world. Both stoves and wood burners provide a source of heat, with stoves having the added benefit of enabling players to cook a variety of recipes.
- Lanterns and campfires are an ‘out and about’ heat source, with campfires having the added benefit of basic cooking.
- Tents, caves, and igloos have varying levels of insulation. Add fuel to the provided heat source or build a campfire at these locations to keep the cold at bay.
- Night/Day cycle: Night is much colder so be cautious venturing too far afield.
Dread Hunger Guide Food
- Raw meat is harvested from dead animals and should be cooked on a campfire/stove before consumption.Eating raw meat will make you sick.
- Blubber is harvested from dead seals and can be eaten raw, added to stews or used as a crafting ingredient.
- Human meat is harvested from dead people… it should be cooked on a campfire/stove. Thralls love human meat…
- Body parts can be gathered by cutting up dead people’s bodies. Turning to cannibalism is a last resort for Explorers, but these parts can be added to stews at a stove. Being a cannibal as an Explorer will mean that meat will satiate your hunger less.
- Stews are very nutritious and wholesome. They also provide some warmth
Dread Hunger Crafting Guide / Dread Hunger Cooking Guide
- Most crafting is performed at a workbench. Here you can create weapons and other various pieces of equipment.
- You can also craft campfires and – additionally for Thralls – totems on the go, by pressing Q.
Campfires require rocks and sticks.
Totems require bone clubs and sticks.
- Cooking is done at a stove. You can make food, tea, poison, and its antidote. In a pinch, you can cook raw meat on a campfire.
Dread Hunger Healing
- Passive healing is tied to hunger – the fuller you are the faster your health regenerates.
- Laudanum is a healing tonic. It can be consumed as is, or crafted into a syringe to be more effective.
- When a player is ‘down’ (crawling), they will need to rest to recover. They can crawl there, or be carried by a teammate to a bed where they will be revived. A jab from a laudanum syringe will also do the trick.
- Beds can be found in the main ship or at different locations throughout the world.
Dread Hunger Inventory
- Right-Click items to quick transfer between your personal inventory and containers, bodies, stoves, workbenches etc.
- Certain items of the same type can be stacked.
- Be wary of weight – it’ll slow you down.
- You can craft a bag to allow for more inventory space.
The naughty stuff…
Bone Daggers are used by Thralls to cast spells (Hold Right-Click, select, then Left-Click to select a spell). Anyone found carrying these, should be deemed untrustworthy. The safest place for these is at the bottom of the ocean.
Totems are built by Thralls to increase the power of spells (Press Q, select, then Left-Click). If found by an Explorer… destroy the totem on sight.
Dread Hunger Spells
Whiteout – Generates a blizzard that blocks vision for everyone. Players can see maybe a metre in front of them at best.
Cannibals – Summons a horde of cannibals to attack an unsuspecting player.
Spirit Walk – Allows Thralls to travel unseen and at a greater speed – great for getting out of sticky situations.
Dread Hunger Thrall Vision
Thrall Vision does not require a bone dagger. Thralls can press V to see the location of players, totems and food across the map.
Thralls can thwart the expedition through many means:
- Poisoning food (craft poison and drag onto food to taint it).
- Blowing up the ship (add gunpowder to barrels, drop them, and interact with the lid to set them alight).
- Sabotaging the boiler (simply add gun powder when the boiler is running).
- And many more devious tactics…
Dread Hunger Thrall Tips
Be aware of the other thrall:
- Comboing your spells together by sending more cannibals in an attack or extending a whiteout can be alot more effective then using your spells separately.
- If your thrall partner is dead make sure to find an opportunity to let him out of jail, having another thrall alive in the game really improves your odds even if they aren’t very skilled.
- Both of you benefit from totems that either built so don’t neglect your charge if he built them and vice versa.
- Good for slowing crew down or weakening them before a fight.
- Poison takes a few seconds to begin taking effect so you can poison several crew mates before they suspect you.
- Poison can be added to raw meat prior to cooking, so giving even 1 poisoned raw meat to the chief making meat stew will poison all the stew he cooks.
- Syringes can be poisoned and forcefully injected into people.
- As a thrall you will often have to get your hands dirty directly and one of the best ways to win any fight is to have multiple guns so you can avoid having to deal with long reload times.
- Putting gunpowder into the boiler when it is running will cause it to lose all fuel after a few seconds, so anytime the ship is high on fuel and the boiler isn’t being guarded you can waste the crews fuel.
- There are alot of places on the map that require an pickaxe to reach, these places are ideal for thralls to craft totems, gunpowder, and perform actions outside of sight.
- As thrall you receive full food benefits while eating human meat and animal meat. In almost all the crafting camps on the map you will have a chance to harvest human meat but be sure not the get caught harvesting the bodies.
- The Nitro camp at the end of the map is a good location for a thrall to setup a final stand. Not only do crew mates have to travel far from the boat to reach it while having to fight wolves, they are vulnerable while trying to get the nitro. An there are alot of bodies with loot useful to thralls and cooking/crafting stations. Even a few side caves that can only be accessed with spirit walk or a pickaxe.
Last Second Plays:
- In the event the crew is at the end and has destroyed the iceberg, they will be throwing in the last of the coal to reach the goal. Here you have 2 options. Either kill the helmsman and go on a rampage preventing the crew from going anywhere while the fuel burns out, or sabotage the boiler and hope the crew doesn’t have any reserve fuel to burn.
So, guys, that’s it for now.