Hi guys, Welcome to our Master Duel Phantasm Spiral Dragon Deck Guide, This guide is for a Master Duel Phantasm Spiral Dragon Deck made mostly out of normal and rare cards (you can upgrade it with SR and UR tho).
So come and take a look at this Master Duel Phantasm Spiral Dragon Deck Guide in-depth. Also read here: YuGiOh Master Duel Ignister Deck
Master Duel Phantasm Spiral Dragon Deck Guide
The archetype has 3 Equip Spell Cards that specifically summon and attach themselves to Phantasm Spiral Dragon. You only run 1 copy of them, because they can be activated only once per turn.
Pacific, the Phantasm City is by far the most important card in the archetype’s playstyle, because you need it to search other cards and activate Phantasm Spiral traps from your hand. You have to have 3 copies in your deck and if you can’t afford Terraforming, Metaverse or Demise of the land you have to use Forgotten Temple of the Deep so that “Umi” is always on the field.
Another card you that you need to run 3 copies of is Sea Stealth Attack, because it protects all other face-up Spell and Trap cards. It also allows the Spiral Dragon Token to destroy monsters with more attacks.
The following cards are the bare minimum required to make a Spiral Dragon deck. The deck in this variation is not very strong because we need to activate Pacifis, the Phantasm City or Forgotten Temple of the Deep so we can activate Phantasm Spiral traps from the hand. We also need to have Phantasm Spiral Dragon on the field so we can activate Champion’s Vigilance (That is a cheaper version of Solemn Strike).
- Ancient Rules
- Champion’s Vigilance
- Megalosmasher X
- Gem-Knight Pearl
- Torrential Tribute
- Pacifis, the Phantasm City
- 7 Color Fish
- Phantasm Spiral Battle
- Phantasm Spiral Power
- Sea Stealth Attack
- First-Aid Squad
- Forgotten Temple of the Deep
- Phantasm Spiral Dragon
- Phantasm Spiral Crash
- Phantasm Spiral Grip
- Phantasm Spiral Wave
Below are some cards that can improve the deck significantly. That does not mean that you should use them all. I also don’t list the most generic cards that can be part of any deck for example: Solemn Judgment,
White Elephant’s Gift
- Send 1 face-up non-Effect Monster you control to the GY; draw 2 cards.
- Tokens don’t count so activate only when needed.
Cataclysmic Circumpolar Chilblainia
- If a face-up WATER monster(s) you control is destroyed by battle or an opponent’s card effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, then you can send 1 random card from your opponent’s hand to the GY. You can only use this effect of “Cataclysmic Circumpolar Chilblainia” once per turn.
- You can Tribute this card; add 1 Field Spell Card from your Deck to your hand.
- (I recommend you put Salamangreat Almiraj in your extra deck if you use this card)
Fury of Kairyu-Shin
- Add 1 “Torrential Tribute” from your Deck to your hand. If a WATER monster(s) you control would be destroyed by card effect, you can banish this card from your GY instead. You can only use each effect of “Fury of Kairyu-Shin” once per turn.
- If you control no monsters: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Normal Monster from the Deck.
- Better to run more monsters, because most players have hand traps.
Demise of the Land
When your opponent Special Summons a monster(s): Activate 1 Field Spell Card directly from your Deck.
- At the start of your Main Phase 1: Neither player can Normal or Special Summon Effect Monsters, until your next Draw Phase.
- Stun most decks with one simple trick.
- Activate this card by paying 1000 LP. Negate the effects of all face-up monsters while they are face-up on the field (but their effects can still be activated).
- Get 3 copies and replace/reduce the amount of Ancient Rules, First-Aid Squad, Forgotten Temple of the Deep and Torrential Tribute. Remember that Sea Stealth Attack protects this face-up card as well 🙂
- Activate by paying 1000 Life Points. Monsters that are banished, as well as monsters in the Graveyard, cannot activate their effects (that start a Chain).
- Generally as useful then Skill Drain, but running both can increase the chance of bricking.
- Add 1 Equip Spell from your Deck to your hand, then you can equip it to 1 appropriate monster you control. You can only activate 1 “Armory Call” per turn.
- Useful for baiting your opponent to attack your monster and then using moon mirror shield.
- Send 1 Level 4 or lower Normal Monster from your Deck to the GY, and if you do, add 1 monster with the same name from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 “Painful Decision” per turn.
Piercing the Darkness
- If you Normal or Special Summon a non-Token Normal Monster(s) (except during the Damage Step): You can draw 1 card. When an attack is declared involving an opponent’s monster and a monster you control that is a Level 5 or higher Normal Monster, or was Ritual Summoned using a Normal Monster, or was Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Summoned using a Normal Monster as material: You can make that monster you control gain ATK equal to that opponent’s monster’s ATK, until the end of this turn. You can only use each effect of “Piercing the Darkness” once per turn.
- Useful for the +1 draw and to destroy monsters with more attack than Phantasm Spiral Dragon.
- Add 1 Field Spell from your Deck to your hand.
- Take 1 Field Spell from your Deck, and either activate it or add it to your hand.
- Discard 1 Level 8 monster; draw 2 cards.
Add 1 Level 6 or lower Dinosaur monster from your Deck to your hand.
(Only good if you use Megalosmasher X)