Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel is a free-to-play, official Yu-Gi-Oh! Official Card Game and Trading Card Game simulator. In Duel Mode, users can buy and collect digital cards, construct decks, and compete against other players online, or in Solo Mode, they can struggle through card stories and learn how to play.
There are almost 10,000 cards from the game that may be collected.
Yu Gi Oh Master Duel Card Guide
With Yugioh Master Duel finally being released, there are many different decks and strategies players can build. But players may have noticed that there are a lot of cards that are played in a lot of different decks. These cards are called “Staples” as they are what keep decks together. There are many powerful staple cards that are available across all rarities in the game. This guide will go over what the best Yugioh Master Duel cards are that every player should have in their arsenal. Players can acquire these through packs and crafting
Yu Gi Oh Master Duel NR Cards
There are a surprising amount of good Normal and Rare cards that players can easily craft in Yugioh Master Duel. A lot of these used to be the best cards in the game a few years ago, but can still be very strong in the current metagame. Many of these will be situational as players progress, but cards like Forbidden Chalice, Torrential Tribute and Fusion Destiny will continue to see play even at the highest level.
- Forbidden Chalice
- Torrential Tribute
- Book of Moon
- Compulsory Evacuation Device
- Bottomless Trap Hole
- Fusion Destiny (future pickup)
- Black Horn of Heaven
- Paleozoic Canadia
- Paleozoic Dinomischus
- Fiendish Chain
Yu Gi Oh Master Duel SR Cards
These are the top 10 SR cards to pick up. This section is dominated by consistency cards. The best draw power in the game comes from the three different Pot cards. All of these cards are like Pot of Greed as they draw two cards from the deck with conditions. Outside of that there is another pseudo-draw card with Fantastical Dragon Phantazmay that punishes opposing players for summoning link monsters and lets you draw whenever they do so. And then there is Droll & Lock Bird which is essentially a punishment tool for when opposing players draw cards.
- Pot of Prosperity
- Pot of Desires
- Twin Twister
- Pot of Extravagance
- Solemn Warning
- Gameciel the Sea Turtle Kaiju
- Droll & Lock Bird
- Fantastical Dragon Phantazmay
- Evenly Matched
- Psy-Framegear Gamma
Yu Gi Oh Master Duel UR Cards
These 10 cards are staples at the UR rarity. | Screenshot provided by Konami.In modern Yugioh, the “hand trap” takeover is in full effect. Hand traps refer to cards that punish opposing players that can be activated from the hand. Hence the name hand trap. The best hand traps in the game are unfortunately Ultra Rare rarity. However, these cards are vital to any competitive deck build and players will want these cards more than every other card when it comes to playing in high rated.
- Nibiru the Primal Being
- Maxx “C”
- Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring
- Infinite Impermanence
- Effect Veiler
- Divine Arsenal AA-ZEUS-Sky Thunder
- Called by the Grave
- Crossout Designator
- Lightning Storm
- Accesscode Talker
How do you get cards in Yu Gi Oh Master Duel?
Cards are obtained through buying card packs and bundles. They can also be obtained as a solo-mode reward and a Dueling Rank Up reward. Lastly, cards can be obtained from crafting.
- Cards come in 4 rarities. N(ormal), R(are), SR (Super Rare), and UR (Ultra Rare).
- The percentages for each card rarity can be seen by clicking on the “Odds” tab.
- If a 10-pack purchase has no UR’s, the next 10-roll will guarantee a UR.
How does Yu Gi Oh Master Duel crafting work?
- Crafting requires “Crafting Points” of the cards from the same rarity. Points can be obtained by duel pass rewards or dismantling excess cards. I.e. Dismantling a common will give you points for commons that can be used to craft other commons, but not Rare, Secret Rare, or Ultra Rares.
- UR Crafting points are the most difficult to come by. Do note that most staples (i.e. Ash Blossom, Maxx C) are UR’s and the most realistic way of being obtained is via crafting, so spend it wisely.
- SR crafting points are slightly easier to come by since buying 10 packs guarantees one SR, so 30 packs will guarantee one SR of your choice if you dismantle all of them.
- N/R crafting points are very common, so there should be no shortage of them.
Check out our YuGiOh Master Duel Crafting Guide
Yu Gi Oh Master Duel Meta Cards UR/SR cards and their packs (More Info Needed)
- Bundle: Ash Blossom, Lightning Storm, Solemn Judgement (All require crafting)
- Stalwart Force (Limited Time Pack): Borrelsword Dragon, Crystron Halqifibrax, Pot of desires
- Guardians of the Sky: Solemn Judgement, Solemn Strike,
- Deceitful Wings of Darkness: Forbidden Droplet, Forbidden Chalice (R)
- Space Time Transcendents: I:P Masquerena
- Invaders from Outer Space: Nibiru
- Soldiers from the Storm: Accesscode Talker
- Awakening of the Ancients: Artifacts (scythe, lancea, etc.)
- Those Who Stand Against Kings: Crystron Halqifibrax
- Transfigured Heroes: Super Polymerization, Dark Law
- Emergency Monstrosity Recon! :Danger! And Kaijus
- Star-studded Futures: Mekk-Knight Crusadia Avramax, Dingirisu the Orcrust Evening Star
- Miraculous Advent: Herald of the Arc Light
- Master Duel: Apollousa, Effect Veiler, Maxx C, Infinite Impermanence, Dark Ruler No More, Droll & Lock Bird, Cosmic Cyclone, Pot of Extravagance, Pot of Prosperity, Skill Drain, Imperial Order, There Can Only Be One, Evenly Matched, Gozen Match,
- Legacy Pack: Link Spider, Ravenous Crocodragon Archethys, Barrier Statues,
List of Yu Gi Oh Master Duel Banned Cards
|The Tyrant Neptune||UR|
|Phoenixian Luster Amaryll||SR|
|Gandora-X the Dragon of Demolition||UR|
|Master Peace, the True Dracoslaying King||UR|
|Redox, Dragon RUler of Boulders||UR|
|Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls||UR|
|Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos||UR|
|Majespecter Unicorn – Kirin||UR|
|Cannon Soldier MK-2||SR|
|Blackwing – Gofu the Vague Shadow||SR|
|Toon Cannon Soldier||SR|
|Djinn Releaser of Rituals||UR|
|Blackwing – Steam the Cloak||SR|
|Red-Eyes Dark Dragon||UR|
|Elder Entity Norden||UR|
|Ancient Fairy Dragon||UR|
|Ib the World Chalice Justiciar||SR|
|Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon||UR|
|Outer Entity Azathot||UR|
|Number 16: Shock Master||UR|
|Number S0: Utopic Zetal||UR|
|Topologic Gumblar Dragon||UR|
|Pot of Greed||UR|
|Change of Heart||UR|
|The Forceful Sentry||UR|
|Butterfly Dagger – Elma||SR|
|Divine Sword – Phoenix Blade||SR|
|Card of Safe Return||UR|
|Mirage of Nightmare||UR|
|Spellbook of Judgment||SR|
|Return from the DIfferent Dimension||SR|
List of Yu Gi Oh Master Duel Limited Cards
|Reinforcement of the Army||UR|
|Right Leg of the Forbidden||N|
|Left Leg of the Forbidden||N|
|Right Arm of the Forbidden||N|
|Left Arm of the Forbidden||N|
|Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms||UR|
|Luster Pendulum, the Dracoslayer||SR|
|Double Iris Magician||SR|
|Supreme King Dragon Darkwurm||R|
|Orcust Harp Horror||R|
|Girsu, the Orcust Mekk-Knight||UR|
|Exodia the Forbidden One||SR|
|Genex Ally Birdman||SR|
|Predaplant Ophrys Scorpio||SR|
|Blaze Fenix, the Burning Bombardment Bird||UR|
|Thunder Dragon Colossus||UR|
|Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier||UR|
|T.G. Hyper Librarian||UR|
|Divine Arsenal AA-ZEUS – Sky Thunder||UR|
|True King of All Calamities||UR|
|Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity||UR|
|Saryuja Skyll Dread||UR|
|Galatea, the Orcust Automaton||SR|
|Predaplant Verte Anaconda||UR|
|Sky Striker Ace – Kagari||UR|
|Harpie’s Feather Duster||UR|
|One for One||UR|
|One Day of Peace||UR|
|Divine Wind of Mist Valley||SR|
|Trickster Light Stage||UR|
|Gateway of the Six||UR|
|Sky Striker Mecha – Hornet Drones||SR|
List of Yu Gi Oh Master Duel Semi-Limited Cards
|Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon||UR|
|Destiny HERO – Malicious||SR|
|The Beginning of the End||SR|
|Sky Striker Mobilize – Engage!||UR|
|Memories of Hope||UR|
|Mask Change II||SR|
|Called by the Grave||UR|
|Sky Striker Mecha – Widow Anchor||SR|
Yu Gi Oh Master Duel Card Probability
Yu Gi Oh Master Duel Card Overview
In Yu-Gi-Oh! MASTER DUEL, you’ll be able to unlock over 10,000 cards*. They’ll have access to a massive library of beloved Monsters, strong Spells, cunning Traps, and more, spanning over two decades of Dueling history. The game features iconic Yu Gi Oh Master Duel cards such as Dark Magician, Blue-Eyes White Dragon, and the unstoppable Exodia the Forbidden One.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel is a free game to play. As you go through the game, you will get new cards. To assist new players in learning how to play, in-game tutorials are available. Solo Mode takes you on a journey through the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG’s storylines and themes.
In the game, there are over Yu Gi Oh Master Duel 10,000 different cards to choose from. Only 6750 appear to be collectible. Players can participate in a variety of events thanks to the rotating Tournament forms.
Read Here: Yugioh Master Duel f2p Guide
How to get cards in Yu Gi Oh Master Duel
- Yu Gi Oh Master Duel Cards can be purchased from the Shop, earned as Solo Mode rewards, or crafted.
- Purchasing cards from the Shop with Gems is where you can buy cards.
- You can obtain cards in Solo Mode In Solo Mode, you can earn cards and Structure Decks as rewards.
- You can be obtaining cards via Yu Gi Oh Master Duel crafting
- You can disassemble your extra Yu Gi Oh Master Duel cards in Edit Deck and make new cards of the same rarity.
Also Read Here: Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel Guide – Craft System, Secret Pack
Yu Gi Oh Master Duel Staples Guide
For all of us, TCG players can all provide a list of staple or generically powerful cards, for duel links exclusive players and new players to give them an idea of cards to aim for via crafting.
Off the top of my head here’s a few I can think of, plus a short reason why you should consider the said card.
Infinite Impermanence – powerful trap card that can be used from the hand to interact with your opponent if you control no cards. It negates a monster effect and Yes can be used on your opponent’s turn from the hand if you control no cards. Also has the benefit of not being affected by called by the grave. It also has the additional effect of negating spell/trap cards played in the column that this card was set in.
Ash blossom – probably the most versatile hand trap, can be used against basically every deck. Stops opponent from sending a card from deck to go, adding cards from the deck to hand, or special from the deck.
Ghost ogre – I think most people would usually say ogre is format-dependent, but the card can be really good against combo decks. “When a monster on the field activates its effect, or when a Spell/Trap that is already face-up on the field activates its effect (Quick Effect): You can send this card from your hand or field to the GY; destroy that card on the field.”
It can be used to hit combo pieces for decks that need monsters on the field to link climb, synchro climb, etc. It can also be used to hit field spells, continuous spells/traps. Take note that it simply destroys it doesn’t negate monster effects.
Ghost Belle – same as ash blossom but for graveyard stuff, stops the opponent from utilizing effects that special from the gy, banish from the gy, add from gy. Quick note it doesn’t stop cards that banish as a cost i.e. circuit.
Effect veiler – target a monster and negate its effects, can be used multiple times but only during the opponent’s main phase
Forbidden droplets – card slick kinda busted, send cards from your hand or field to the gy, negate that many effect monsters, also your opponent can’t respond with effects that match what was sent, so if you send a monster card that can’t respond with a monster card, if you send a Spell they can’t respond to it with spells, also it halves the attack of the monsters that got negated. It also doesn’t target.
Shard by u/H-GuyAce
Also Read Here: